Check in Information:
- Passenger check-in is one hour prior to departure. Baggage will be loaded 30 minutes prior to departure and passenger boarding will start 20 minutes before scheduled departure. Failure to check-in on time will result in the cancellation of reserved seat(s).
- There may be occasions when aircraft may depart before scheduled times.
- To maintain on-time operation, aircraft cannot be held for late-arriving passengers.
- One infant under two (2) years of age, not occupying a seat, may be carried free of charge with a full fare adult passenger. Proof of age will be required at check-in.
- Unaccompanied children ages seven (7) through eleven (11) are allowed on flights with a responsible adult identified at the destination prior to flight’s departure.
- FAA requires actual passenger weight. Persons of large stature may require an extra seat.
- We recommend that customers who need special assistance discuss arrangements with Alaska Seaplanes Reservation Supervisor prior to reservation confirmation.
- All baggage is weighed. Each passenger is allowed 50 lbs of baggage on a scheduled flight.
- Excess baggage may be allowed, however it is space available for a fee.
- Carry on baggage is not permitted aboard any Alaska Seaplanes aircraft.
- Large or heavy items such as golf clubs, coolers, steamer trunks, skis, bikes, and large pet carriers may not fit in our aircraft without prior planning. Special arrangement must be made for any oversized or overweight items.
- Using several smaller, soft sided bags is recommended.
- All fragile and perishable items must be declared and will be transported at passengers risk.
- Any claims for damaged or mishandled baggage must be made by passenger within 24 hours of arrival time.
- The following items are not covered for loss or damage:
- Antiques, heirlooms
- Antlers, game trophies, pelts
- Art objects, sculptures
- Binoculars, telescopes, optical devices including eyeglasses
- Business contracts, documents
- Cameras, video and photographic equipment, camcorders, audio equipment, film, camera equipment, photographs
- Cash, currency
- Computers and related equipment
- Furs, including coats, gloves, and hats
- Historical artifacts
- Irreplaceable books, publications, collectibles such as baseball cards
- Jewelry, watches
- Negotiable papers
- Original manuscripts
- Personal electronic devices such as compact disks and video game cartridges
- Precious metals, stones, or materials
- Sales samples
Hazardous Materials & Firearms:
- All items considered hazardous materials under CFR Part 49 must be declared if carried in your baggage or transported as freight. If you have questions regarding flammable, corrosive, explosive, or other government restricted items you may plan to bring on board or send as freight, please ask an agent.
- Freight can be dropped off and picked up at our convenient location in each community or at the Juneau International Airport located at 1873 Shell Simmons Drive.
- Your perishables can be accommodated with our cooler and freezer facilities in Juneau.
- Any non standard baggage, cakes, open boxes or plastic bags, are transported at the shippers’ risk.
- Anyone who poses a threat of any kind maybe refused service.
- Baggage and cargo of potentially dangerous or of suspicious nature may be searched by TSA, an Alaska Seaplanes agent, or local law enforcement agents.
- Due to varied routings, changing weather conditions, and extenuating circumstances, there are occasional delays and/or cancelled flights. Arrival & departure times are often accurate, but cannot be guaranteed.
- All flights are conducted weather permitting. Flights cancelled due to weather will require you to reschedule with an agent for the next available flight.
- Other expenses incurred due to weather, including penalties by other airlines, are the full responsibility of the passenger. Alternate methods of transportation may be suggested by our ticket agents; however Alaska Seaplanes is not responsible for other means of transportation.
Reservations / Changes:
- All reservations are to be paid in full at time of booking.
- Cancellations or changes must be made at least 24 hours prior to your departure time to avoid a service fee. This fee is $50 for float plane destinations and $30 for wheel plane destinations.
- Passengers who fail to call, show up, and check in for flights will not be eligible for a refund.
- Failure to check-in for, or cancel a confirmed reservation, will result in the cancellation of any remaining flights
- Payments and/or changes to reservations may be made at any Alaska Seaplanes office or by phone.
- Refunds for unused reservations must be requested within 90 days of the original purchase date.
- Refunds will be credited to the original purchaser and made in the original form of payment.
- A refund may be requested at any Alaska Seaplanes office or from our accounting office:
8907 Yandukin Drive
Juneau, AK 99801