Check in Information:
- Passenger check-in is one hour prior to departure. Boarding will begin 20 minutes before scheduled departure. Failure to check-in on time will result in the cancellation of reserved seat(s) and a $40 no show or change fee.
- There may be occasions when aircraft flights may depart before or after scheduled times.
- To maintain an on-time operation and as courtesy to other passengers our aircraft will not be held for late-arriving passengers.
- One infant under two (2) years of age, not occupying a seat, may be carried free of charge with a full fare adult passenger.
- An unaccompanied child age five (5) through eleven (11) must have a responsible adult designated at the destination prior to flight’s departure.
- FAA requires we account for actual passenger weight on each of our flights. Please provide Customer Service Agents your weight at the time of check-in. Persons of large stature may require special accommodations – see below.
- Customers in need of special arrangements or assistance can contact the local Alaska Seaplanes Station Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All baggage must be weighed. Each passenger is allowed 50 lbs. of baggage on a scheduled flight. Items over 50lbs are subject to excess baggage fees
- Excess baggage is allowed, however it may not fit on same flight as passenger and is subject to excess baggage fees.
- Carry-on baggage is not permitted aboard any Alaska Seaplanes aircraft.
- Large or heavy items such as golf clubs, coolers, steamer trunks, skis, bikes, and large pet carriers may not fit in our aircraft without prior planning. Special arrangement must be made for any oversized or overweight items. Please notify the local Alaska Seaplanes Station Manager or email email@example.com for advance notice of necessary accommodations.
- The use of several smaller, soft sided bags is recommended for baggage.
- All fragile and/or perishable items must be declared and will be transported at passengers’ risk.
- Any claims for damaged or mishandled baggage must be made by passenger within 24 hours of arrival time.
- The following items are not covered for loss or damage as Baggage or Freight:
o Antiques, heirlooms
o Antlers, game trophies, pelts
o Art objects, sculptures
o Binoculars, telescopes, optical devices including eyeglasses
o Business contracts, documents
o Cameras, video, photo, and photographic equipment, camcorders, audio equipment, film, camera equipment
o Cash, currency
o Computers, monitors, televisions and related equipment
o Furs, including coats, gloves, and hats
o Historical artifacts
o Human Organs
o Irreplaceable books, publications, collectibles such as baseball cards
o Jewelry, watches
o Negotiable papers
o Original manuscripts
o Personal electronic devices such as compact disks and video game cartridges
o Precious metals, stones, or materials
o Sales samples
Department of Transportation requires that all items considered or containing hazardous materials under must be declared at the time of check-in. If you are unsure if your item contains hazardous materials ask a Customer Service Agent. Also see CFR Title 49 Part 172. Hazmat fees may apply.
Items that are FORBIDDEN:
o Oxygen Bottles
o Strike Anywhere Matches
o Match Light Charcoal
o Easy Off Cleaner
o Jet Boil, JetPower, Isobutene Propane
Other Hazardous/Regulated Items:
o Lithium Ion Batteries
o Acetylene - CARGO ONLY
o Bear Spray / Aerosols
o Battery (acid)
o Battery (alkali)
o Refrigerant Gas (DuPont Freon 22)
o Tri Mix (Helium, CO2, Argon)
o Gas Powered Engine in Machinery (used chainsaws, weed whackers, etc)
o Fire Extinguisher
o Oxygen - Portable oxygen concentrators are allowed if they are approved per SFAR 106
o Paint, lacquer, stain, enamel, shellac, varnish, polish *(unless water based)
o Coleman Camp Fuel - White Gas (little green propane canisters)
o Propane - FORBIDDEN ON PASSENGER AIRCRAFT, 150 kg allowed on Cargo Aircraft
- Freight can be dropped off and picked up at our convenient location in each community or at the Juneau International Airport located at 1873 Shell Simmons Drive during business hours.
- Juneau location provides freezer and cooler storage for perishable items. Storage fees may apply. Stored items can be picked up during regular business hours.
- All cakes, ice cream and other perishable items (cooler and freezer) are transported at the shippers’ risk.
- No shipments will be accepted in open boxes or plastic bags. Shipping boxes are available for a small fee.
- Unclaimed freight will be charged a storage fee if not picked up within 7 days.
- GOLDRUSH Priority Freight is available for an extra fee for time sensitive items.
All Animals must be transported in airline approved Kennels provided by the customer. Alaska Seaplanes no longer has kennels available for use by customers. All passengers expecting to travel with an animal must declare the animal at the time of the reservation.
To ship an unaccompanied animal, please call ahead to make arrangements. Animals are shipped as space becomes available. We do not take "reservations" for animals. All unaccompanied animals must be brought 1 hour prior to departure times, and picked up immediately upon arrival to its final destination. If animals are not picked up and the responsible party is not able to be reached, this can and will result in the involvement of the local animal control. Any fees associated to the negligence of the animal will be the responsibility of the animal owner. In the case of weather delays or cancellations, we require any animals to be picked up and cared for until which time we are able to accommodate the transportation of the animal.
Due to our size and weight limitations, not all animals are able to be accommodated. Animals can be refused to fly if they cause disruption to the comfort and/or safety to the flight or other passengers in any way.
If passengers are traveling with a service animal, please call your local office after booking the reservation to ensure space is available.
Unaccompanied Animal Fee: additional $25 fee
- Anyone who poses a threat of any kind maybe refused service.
- Baggage and cargo of potentially dangerous or of suspicious nature may be searched by TSA, an Alaska Seaplanes agent, or local law enforcement agents.
- Due to varied routes, changing weather conditions, and extenuating circumstances, there are occasional delays and/or cancelled flights. Arrival & departure times are often accurate, but cannot be guaranteed.
- All flights are conducted weather permitting. Flights cancelled due to weather will require you to reschedule with an agent for the next available flight.
- Other expenses incurred due to weather, including penalties by other airlines, are the full responsibility of the passenger. Alternate methods of transportation may be suggested by our ticket agents; however Alaska Seaplanes is not responsible for providing other means of transportation.
Reservations / Changes:
- All reservations must be paid in full at time of booking. Any unpaid reservations will be waitlisted on the flight until payment has been confirmed.
- Cancellations or changes must be made at least 24 hours prior to your departure time to avoid a $40 change fee.
- Passengers who fail to call, show up, and/or check in for flights will be charged a $40 no show fee and will result in the cancellation of the onward or return reservation flight segments of your itinerary.
- The ticket value less any applicable fees is good (1) one year from the original date of purchase.
- Payments and/or changes to reservations may be made at any Alaska Seaplanes office or by phone.
- Time limitation for refund requests is (1) one year from the date of original purchase.
- Refunds will be credited to the original purchaser and made in the original form of payment.
- A refund can be requested at any Alaska Seaplanes office or from by any of the options below:
Mail: Alaska Seaplanes, Attn Refunds
8907 Yandukin Drive, Juneau AK 99801
Fax: 888-546-5139 Attn: Accts Rec.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Alaska Seaplanes across the Internet. By placing a cookie on your device AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the Alaska Seaplanes website you have viewed. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR DEVICE. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
If you do not wish to participate in Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google's Ads Preferences Manager.